Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Progress, always onward and upward

A delightful weekend with many visitors. My folks were in town and we visited the MCA to see the Dan Flavin Retrospective, which closed in Chicago this weekend. We celebrated my mom's birthday and Saturday we spent the day at SOFA - lots of beatiful and amazing things, and some projects that get an A for effort.

We also had a chance to catch up with our friends Joel and Meghan and had fun talking design and travel and music and anything else that tickled our fancies. I've also been commissioned by said friends for two separate endeavors. Upon completetion I will exhibit them here.

Meanwhile, I finished one gift, made progress on another, and am about 1/3 the way through Jeff's second mitten. I wouldn't be surprised if I finished it tonight at S'nB. I enjoy working in the round, and I really do not mind the dpns. After the first row, I'm able to knit as smoothly as with straights. I've also begun cable work (on straights) and after making mistakes on the second repeat, I really began to understand the pattern and proceeded to work and memorize the pattern.

No comments: