Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So, here's the story

I realized this morning that I haven't really explained what is going on. Short version - after my mom died in February (from an aneurysm after 6 months of treatment for pancreatic cancer), I was laid off from my architecture position in a small firm. That was the 2nd time in about a year that I had been laid off from jobs I was less than happy in. I took it all as giant billboard on the road of life to take the exit I've been dreaming of and planning for on the back burner. After discussions with my husband and closest advisors, I decided to start my own clothing design business.

Redskew, LLC was offically born (in the state of IL), April 16, 2008. I'm currently in design and development of my first line of plus size (12-24) skirts, which I've been documenting here, and will continue to. They will be for sale at vive la femme, 2048 N. Damen, Chicago, IL beginning May 8, 2008. If things go well, I plan to sell on etsy.com and surely expand my market from there.

Knittingwise, I've been doing more theraputic projects since mom passed - my second clapotis, a short row hat, both in Noro Silver Thaw, and a couple of easy, pretty gifts to have on hand. Check out the pics at flickr

So, that's the story. Stay tuned for regular updates...

No comments: