Tuesday, July 19, 2005

OTN & planned projects

I'm currently working on a free-form scarf for a friend - lots of Lion Brand yarn - mauves, blues, ivory and blue-green. It's the first time since my very first project (almost 3 years ago) that I've used LB - the homespun is pretty good, once you get going, but there's a little too much friction on the bamboo needles. I will post progress pics soon.

I'm very excited about this blog - it's a great way to document my work and share it with others. I've been reading a number of knitting blogs lately, and I really love others' pics - progress and finished. SO, I'm making most of my blog pics, with basic descriptions of material, pattern, stitches, and maybe time to finish.

I just picked up some goodies from my LYS (Arcadia Knitting here in Chicago) - orange Lamb's pride, lavendar and orange mercized cotton, red/white "pineapple", red and white poly to go with it, and GORGEOUS varigated green chenille for a wrap/scarf for myself.

No comments: